Today, I went to the first of a few meetings for a show at the Craft Council of BC. This opportunity was a part of the Ceramics Scholarship that I had won back in April.
I will be one of five emerging craft artists in this show. The CCBC also had written about us on their blog back in May. Here's a section of the post that describes their contribution to the award a bit more:
This award gives emerging artists, who have just graduated from a post-secondary school, some useful benefits and services that can facilitate their start in the arts, specifically contemporary craft.
The award is three-fold:
- a professional membership in Craft Council of BC enabling the artist to submit their work for sale in any of our social enterprise operations
- the opportunity to curate a student online exhibition of craft in 2016, which includes a professional workshop on how to jury craft
- participation in a group exhibition in 2017 at the Craft Council of BC Gallery which will count as a professional exhibition towards Canada Council & BC Arts council funding applications
The 2017 exhibition will be curated by Penny Parry. So, it is sure to be fabulous!
I checked out the other artists' work. I'm so privileged to work with such talented craftspeople! The four other artists in this show are:
- Jade Beck - Jeweller
- Janet Harrison – Metal Artist and Jeweller
- Laura Meyers – Textiles Artist
- Christina Shimek – Ceramics Artist
I’m so excited to collaborate with them on a theme and work together to create this exhibition! Keep your eyes out in January for more details about this exhibtion!